If you are an elementary teacher looking for an evidence-based, innovative way to connect your students to nature, increase physical activity, and meet education standards, the WinterKids Elementary Guide to Outdoor Active Learning is for you!
WinterKids Elementary Guide to Outdoor Active Learning (GOAL), Elementary School Edition
This is your resource for incorporating outdoor education into your winter lesson plans. This binder includes easy-to-implement lessons developed by and for teachers to inspire you to take your classroom outside.
Features & Benefits:
- Low barrier enrichment lesson plans
- Each lesson includes an outdoor activity to reinforce the featured academic subject
- Enhances student and teacher wellness
- Assessments, stretches, games and more
- Editions for ME & NH – each aligned to Common Core and state education standards.
Purchase a Copy of GOAL for Your Classroom:
Kate Moore - Brown Elementary, New Hampshire
Patti Henry - Day by Day Childcare, New Hampshire
Toby Watt - Wee Care Daycare, New Hampshire
Penni Theriault: Owner of Lots of Tots Childcare Center, WinterKids Challenge Teacher
Stephanie Tyler - Early Learning Center, New Hampshire
WinterKids Winter Games
This year, the WinterKids Winter Games will inspire 32 elementary schools*, 450 teachers, and 8000 students to go for the gold!
*For Maine’s elementary schools only.
parents, teachers, school spirit, awareness, and fun? Participate in WinterKids Winter
Games!! Seriously had no idea how amazing this would be and what our community
was capable of! The support and Camaraderie is incredible. What a positive experience
this has been for our kids and all the parents too!"
School Nurse, Piscataquis Community Elementary School
Dayton Consolidated School Mom
Sam Person, PE Teacher Waterboro Elementary School
C. Agreste - School Nurse, Dayton Consolidated School
C. Ellis - Principal, Miles Lane Elementary
Sarah Maxwell - Assistant Principal, Waldo T. Skillen School
Download GOAL lesson materials here!
WinterKids schools programs are made possible with support from:
- Betterment Fund
- Elmina B. Sewall Foundation
- Quimby Family Foundation
- MMG Insurance
- Emera Maine
- William Dexter, M.D., WinterKids Medical Advisor
- Director of Sports Medicine, Maine Medical Center
- Past President, American College of Sports Medicine