GET YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
New for 2020-21, Pay-What-You-Can!
Annual Memberships run from November 1 – October 31. Majority of deals are kid-centered.
We want all Maine and New Hampshire families to be able to explore and enjoy the outdoors this year. That is why we are asking folks to pay what makes sense for their family. App Memberships are normally priced at $35, but THIS YEAR ONLY you can enter any amount when signing up. If you are in a position to help another family get the WinterKids App, please consider donating the App or making a contribution to WinterKids.
READY TO SIGN YOUR FAMILY UP?
Purchase your membership online using the links below.
After purchase, create additional family profiles on your account. You can add up to four children and/or other family members.
Download the app to your mobile device. You’ll receive an email with a link to download the app after signing up (step 1).
The app is free to download for non-members. Users without a membership still have access to browse offers and view winter trail access and events.
- Camden Snow Bowl – Free junior lift ticket with a paying adult
- Family Ice Arena – Free outside public skate session for the whole family
- Carter’s XC – Free student trail pass and rental with a paying adult
- Sabattus Disc Golf – Free round of disc for the family
- Viles Arboretum – Free trail access & rentals for XC skiing & snowshoeing
- Kittery Trading Post – Save 30% on kids winter outdoor clothing & equipment
These are example offers only. You must purchase an annual membership to redeem offers on the app. Please read all offers carefully. Offer, requirements, and restrictions may be unique.
Due to changing COVID-19 restrictions, offers are subject to change without notice.
FIND DEALS NEAR YOU!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please follow this link to reset your password: https://app.winterkids.org/membership/password/new
You’ll receive an email with a link to create a new password. Please create a password that is unique and that you can remember.
Yes! You can download the app from the Apple or Android store and see the offers in the app. You will not be allowed to redeem any offers until you purchase a family membership at (membership sign-up page). Please keep in mind that offers are dynamic and can change throughout the season. Also, new offers will be added frequently so keep checking back for the latest offers.
This is the redemption process that should be followed when you are at the point of sale. Be sure you show and redeem offers with staff present. For a video tutorial, scroll to the bottom of the page, where you’ll find this and other helpful tutorials.
The free version of the app will allow you to browse the discount offers available and search for free winter fun across Maine and New Hampshire. Once you’re ready to take advantage of the offers, the app will automatically walk you through the process of purchasing your membership.
The WinterKids App offers more opportunities for your whole family (kids 5-17) at over 70 recreational areas in Maine and New Hampshire. Remember: new offers will be added regularly throughout the season!
Here are some examples of the types of offers you’ll find in the app, as well as WinterKids Days throughout the season:
*List updated 11/3/20. See offers in the live app for the most current list.
- Arlberg Ski & Surf Shop, Scarborough, ME – Save 20% on junior helmets, goggles, gloves, poles, socks.
- Arthur A. Tilton Ice Rink, Gilford, NH – Free public skating for the whole family.
- Bear Notch Ski Touring, Bartlett, NH – Free kids XC trail pass for kids 16 and younger.
- Beaver Brook Association, Hollis, NH – Free use of trail network for the family.
- Bethel Village Trails, Bethel, ME – Free youth XC trail pass with paying adult.
- Bike, Board & Ski, Presque Isle, ME – 10% off junior equipment and apparel.
- Camden Snow Bowl, Camden, ME – Free student lift ticket with paying adult.
- Caribou Ski Club, Caribou, ME – Free public access to trails.
- Carter’s Cross Country Ski Center, Bethel, ME – Free student XC trail pass and rental with paying adult.
- Family Ice Arena, Falmouth, ME – Free family public skating.
- Great Works Regional Land Trust, Ogunquit, ME – Free access to hiking trails in Southern Maine.
- Harris Farm Cross Country Ski Center, Dayton, ME – Free student XC trail pass and rental equipment with paying adult.
- Jackson XC Center, Jackson, NH – Get a free junior XC trail pass with a paying adult.
- Kittery Trading Post, Kittery, ME – Save 30% on kids ski and snowboard equipment and apparel.
- Lakewood Golf Course, Madison, ME – Free trail access for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- Lost Valley Ski Area, Auburn, ME – Get a free Junior lift ticket with a paying adult. Save 50% on First time one skis or snowboard lesson package. Free XC and snowshoeing on Saturdays, Sponsored by L.L.Bean
- Midcoast Recreation Center, Rockport, ME – Free youth public skate ticket with paying adult.
- Moultonborough Ice Rink, Moultonborough, NH – Free public skating for the whole family.
- Mt. Abram, Greenwood, ME – Pending offer.
- New England Outdoor Center, Millinocket, ME – Free cross-country skiing and snowshoeing for the whole family.
- Nordic Heritage Sports Center, Presque Isle, ME – Free youth XC trail pass and rental equipment for XC skiing or snowshoeing.
- Northern Lights Hearth & Sports, Farmington, ME – Save $5 on a one-day, junior ski or snowboard rental package at Titcomb Ski Area.
- Oxbow Brewery, Newcastle & Oxford, ME – Free access to trails for XC skiing and snowshoeing.
- Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, ME – Free youth XC trail pass and rental equipment with paying adult.
- Piscataquis County Conservation District, Dover-Foxcroft, ME – Free public trails for XC skiing and snowshoeing at Law Farm.
- Rangeley Lakes Trail Center, Dallas Plt, ME – Free junior trail pass with a paying adult.
- Shaw Cherry Hill Farm, Gorham, ME – Free trail access for XC skiing and snow shoeing.
- Sidecountry Sports, Rockland, ME – Discounted ski or snowboard tune up.
- Spruce Mountain, Jay, ME – Free trail pass for cross-country skiing and snow shoeing.
- SugarBowl Family Entertainment, Carrabassett Valley, ME – Kids bowl free on Sundays.
- Viles Arboretum, Augusta, ME – Free kids snowshoe or cross-country ski rental.
Upgrade to a paid membership here: https://app.winterkids.org/membership/sign_up
As a WinterKids Member, you will gain access to our winter offers for the whole family through the App. Annual membership costs $35 and covers a family of 5. Once you become a member you can log in on the App and use the discounts you want!
IMPORTANT: Be sure to sign up for your membership and set up your family profile BEFORE showing up at a WinterKids partner location to redeem your first offer.
Great question! A family membership grants you access through the App to discounts from our 50+ partners in Maine and New Hampshire. Our partners will have one or more standard offers valid for the whole season. They can also post new offers to your family through the season, and in the off-season! You can “favorite” one of our partners and choose to receive push notifications about new offers as they become available. We also have information about free activities and events on the App. You will be in the know for all things WinterKids!
Yeah, sorta. Fill out the contact form below to connect with our Director of Family Programs and Outreach and inquire about becoming a member and accessing our discounts.
We have recycled these programs to launch a brand new app for the whole family to enjoy! The App will have generous discounts from our partners available to kids age 3-17! You will have all of these discounts right at your fingertips when you sign up on our website as a WinterKids member and download the App.
Thank you for your support! We loved the Passport too. After 20 years, it was time to create a more nimble, user-friendly, and efficient way to help more families explore the outdoors in the winter, and we are reducing our carbon footprint. One of the best features of the App is that new offers can be added throughout the season, and in other seasons. Check back frequently to see new offers.