Enhanced Learning, Movement, & Fun in the Winter!
If you are an early childhood educator looking for fun and creative ways to teach your students about all things winter, look no further!
WinterKids Guide to Outdoor Active Learning (GOAL), Preschool Edition
This is your resource for hands-on, winter-themed activities for indoors and out.
Designed by and for early childhood educators, the Preschool GOAL is organized in four units:
- Be a WinterKid!
- Animals in Winter
- Healthy Me!
- Spring Forward!
These units are easy to implement and provide eight weeks of active winter fun. Editions are available for Maine and New Hampshire, each aligned to state early learning standards.
Purchase a Copy of GOAL for Your Classroom:
The WinterKids Preschool Challenge
Do you want incentives and prizes for getting outside during Maine’s best season? Join the WinterKids Preschool Challenge, an award-winning, evidence-based program that will help you and your students to move, learn and explore outdoors.
What is the WinterKids Preschool Challenge?
- Attend a regional training or join a WinterKids webinar
- Facilitate 5 (or more) outdoor gross-motor activities from the Preschool GOAL
- Complete a brief survey following each activity
- Send photo and video testimonials of your kids engaging in healthy outdoor fun
What’s in it for YOU? A lot!
- A free, innovative teaching and learning opportunity
- A certificate of contact hours for training/webinar participation
- The WinterKids Challenge Toolkit (includes the Preschool GOAL, a starter lesson kit, tips for success, and evaluation materials, WinterKids Challenge Poster, incentives)
- Networking opportunities with other WinterKids Preschool Challenge Schools
- Ongoing technical assistance from WinterKids staff
- Online access to WinterKids Challenge
materials Afun wellness opportunity for you and your kids
Request More Info & Join:
- William Dexter, M.D., WinterKids Medical Advisor
- Director of Sports Medicine, Maine Medical Center
- Past President, American College of Sports Medicine