The terms “WinterKids” “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to WinterKids Educational Foundation. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us that personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address. The term “account”
WinterKids respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.winterkids.org or use any desktop of mobile app that we may provide (collective, the “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On www.winterkids.org;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and www.winterkids.org;
- Through any mobile and desktop app from WinterKids you download.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from creating an account. Children between the ages of 13 and 18 may have a profile linked to an authorized account with authorization from a parent or legal guardian. Every profile for every authorized account must be created by individuals over the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 506 Main Street, Suite 10, Westbrook ME 04092 or at 207-871-5700.
Information We Collect
We only collect information you voluntarily provide to us, which may include:
- Personally identified information for you and your family members, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any services we may offer, posting material, or requesting further services from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Location data associated with your use of any mobile application from us that you may use;
- Information regarding the redemption of any offers made through the Site, including which product or service providers you identify as a “favorite,” which offers you redeem and which offers you have viewed; and
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or on social media associated with us, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted by you at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site, or users of social media pages associated with us, with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The information you provide is used to present the Site to you; provide you with information; process transactions; send periodic emails regarding us, the Site or any goods or services you may purchase from or through us; improve the service we provide; administer the Site; for any other purpose with your consent; and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information. We may also use information you provide us to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We also use some of the information we collect form you in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (https://winterkids.org/terms-conditions/) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WinterKids, our customers, or others.
We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small file sent to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all.
Third Party Links
We maintain security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access and correct some of your personal information via the Site. Should you have any questions or wish to access additional personal information, please contact WinterKids at 506 Main Street, Suite 10, Westbrook ME 04092 or at 207-871-5700.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Updated: December, 2018