WinterKids’ vision is that all kids are healthy and fit because they are outdoors, active, and having fun in the winter– and year-round. Check out these great resources to keep your family healthy and active in any season!
Activities for Kids
- MOVE. LEARN. EXPLORE. with WinterKids – Free activity outlines to keep your kids active year-round!
- The WinterKids App offers discounts on outdoor fun in Maine & New Hampshire
- Macaroni Kid
Featuring kid-friendly events and activities.
- Portland Kids Calendar
The parents’ help desk for all things fun in Greater Portland.
- Maine Trail Finder will help you find family-friendly trails near you!
- 7 Steps to a Backyard Playground for Kids
Advice to make the best use of your yard for your kids.
- Bicycle Safety Issues
Teach your kids the rules of the road.
- Parents Guide to First Aid
Safety and first aid tips for parents.
- Winter Weather: Dressing for the Cold
Dress your kids safely so they may enjoy the winter.
- Swimming: Home Pool Safety
Advice from the Red Cross on maintaining a safe environment around your swimming pool.
- Alliance For A Healthier Generation
A catalyst for children’s health working with schools, companies, community organizations, healthcare professionals and families to transform the conditions and systems that lead to healthier kids.
- Let’s Go
A nationally recognized childhood obesity prevention program implemented throughout Maine.
- We Can!
Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity & Nutrition is a national movement designed to give parents, caregivers, and entire communities a way to help children 8 to 13 years old stay at a healthy weight.
- Children & Nature Network
A collection of free toolkits, reports, infographics and advocacy tools is designed to help you or your organization connect children, families and communities to nature.
- Appalachian Mountain Club, Maine Chapter
America’s oldest conservation and recreation organization.
- Bike Coalition of Maine
The statewide voice of cyclists, leading the effort to make Maine better for biking.
- Great Maine Outdoor Weekend
A series of events led by outdoor oriented organizations and companies to celebrate the how, where, and what of being active outside in Maine.
- Learn to Ski and Snowboard
Encouraging new skiers and snowboarders to learn and improve their skills.
- L.L Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools
Book summer courses to learn archery, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and more!
- Maine Division of Public Parks and Lands
Protecting and managing the natural and cultural resources of Maine.
- Maine Recreation and Park Association
Working to increase recreational opportunities and promote a healthy lifestyle for Maine citizens of all ages.
Promoting youth development and leadership through adventure, healthy communities and living sustainably.
- Sail Maine
A non-profit organization formed to support sailing in Maine at the community level.
- Ski Maine Association
Representing the alpine and Nordic ski industry of Maine.
Resources, websites and links to programs that help get kids interested in snow sports, and out on the slopes!
- Susan Curtis Foundation: Camp Susan Curtis
- Teens to Trails
Check Out Our Pinterest Page
for our favorite resources from all over the interwebs!